879 Park Avenue, Baltimore, MD
$ Click for current price
4 BEDROOMS | 4 (3 full, 1 half ) BATHROOMS | 3449 SQUARE FEET
We invite you to also preview this home in a virtual 3D version, HERE!
Welcome to 879 Park Avenue, one of Baltimore’s most unique & beautiful homes. Situated in the Mt. Vernon, Mid-town Belvedere historic and cultural district. This area is home to the Lyric Opera House, The Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, the Baltimore Theatre Project, the Peabody Conservatory, the Walters Art Gallery, Center Stage as well as the historic Belvedere Hotel.
Wow, doesn’t cover this house. From its English drained rooftop with Dutch tile enhanced eaves to its finished English basement this a truly distinctive home. The home originally built as a rectangle shape in the 1870’s, somewhere in its colorful history the corners of the house were “clipped” making it one of Maryland’s few octagonal houses.
From the minute you walk through the 8′ tall front doors with it’s Downton Abbey like doorbell you are in awe. The melding of period details with today’s modern comforts makes this home warm and inviting. Natural light streams in through the large 8′ tall windows throughout the main level. Period details include beautiful crown moulding, gorgeous detail oriented ceiling medallions throughout, corbels & space saving pocket doors. All these marry well with the modern conveniences found in contemporary homes.
Just off the foyer to the left you will find the large living room that stretches from the front of the house to the back and features a beautiful carved wood fireplace, large bay windows a lovely stained glass window & access to a large powder room, along with access to the fully finished lower level. To the right of the foyer through a very wide opening is the generous sized dining room. This opening allows for the placement of an 18′ dining table for those large gatherings. From the dining room step through the wide pocket doors and you will find a large inviting modern kitchen that offers high-end cabinetry, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, large expansive peninsula and built-in butler’s pantry. This main level is just perfect for entertaining family & friends.
Head upstairs to the 2nd level and there you will find 3 bedrooms and 1 family bathroom. The large master bedroom has it’s own gas fireplace along with a large walk-in dressing room. The two other bedrooms are generous in size as well as bright and airy.
Head to the 3rd level and there you will find another bedroom that has thoughtfully been built-in to take advantage of the roof lines. Also find a full bathroom and more than enough storage to hide away all your belongings.
Head back down to the lower level and there you wil find a fully finished level that is perfect for in-laws, an au-pair suite or use it as a private business office. In it’s present state this level houses the family room, front entry foyer with direct access to the outside. There is a large room which can be used for an office/den or bedroom. Finally, you will find a very large laundry room with again, plenty of storage as well as another direct access to the outside and the 3-car parking area.
On both main and 2nd levels you will find gleaming hardwood floors along with high ceilings. 12′ on main level and 11′ on 2nd level. The 3rd level you will find carpeting and ample yet peaked & dormered ceilings. While the lower level has click-in vinyl flooring.
On the outside the south side of the home has a fenced in concrete deck which houses two air conditioning condensers and provides needed outside storage. The north side of the home has a small landscaped green space. The rear parking is accessed via Ploy Street.
So much to offer in the heart of Charm City
List of Improvements
- New Roof installed and English drains repaired by Fick Bros. in 2002. 40 year warranty on roof.
- New wooden, dual pane windows installed throughout
- Stained glass window in living room protected with clear covering on exterior.
- All plaster walls and ceilings repaired.
- Heart pine floors installed in Master bedroom and entire first floor. Entire basement floor covered with click vinyl flooring.
- Carpeting installed on entire attic floor, stairs from 1st to 2nd floor and 2nd floor to attic.
- Installed new Kitchen traditional style cherry cabinents, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances.
- All bathrooms upgraded and a full bath installed in finished English basement.
- New mud room/laundry room installed in basement.
- Dual A/C and heating systems replaced and new hot water heater installed by Farnen and Dermer within the last 3 years.
- Chimney flue from furnace upgraded with stainless steel liner and new tiles and mortar crown on exterior chimney installed within the last year by Charmed City Service.
- Installed 8′ Double wood doors on front entry.
- All electrical workings upgraded to circuit breakers in 2002.
- Created fenced in concrete deck on south side of home to accommodate air conditioner units and to provide outdoor storage.
- Installed new fencing and landscaping on north side of home